Matthew 25

Matthew 25

"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me.....I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of my brothers, you did for me"




Monday, November 21, 2011

The story of the Starfish.....


There was a wise man went to the ocean everyday to do his writing. Each day before beginning his work, he would walk along the beach.
One day, as he was walking, he saw a young man who was moving like a dancer. He smiled to himself and walked faster to catch up.
As he got closer he saw that the young man was reaching down to the shore, picking up small objects, and throwing them into the ocean. He called out "Good morning! May I ask what it is that you are doing?"
The young man paused, looked up, and replied "Throwing starfish into the ocean."
"Why are you throwing starfish into the ocean?" asked the startled wise man.
The young man replied, "The sun is up and the tide is going out. If I don't throw them in, they'll die."
The wise man commented, "But, young man, do you not realize that there are miles and miles of beach and there are starfish all along every mile? You can't possibly make a difference!"
At this, the young man bent down, picked up yet another starfish, and threw it into the ocean. As it met the water, he said, "It made a difference for that one."

Perseverance against odds and criticism of others is the hallmark of value-based idealism, as is refusing to accept failure. We hold in our hands the power to change a life or a circumstance, today, right now. We can all make a difference and together we have the power to inspire others, sometimes significant enough to make a major impact.

To witness the power of children in action is most inspiring. Many times it is our youth who put into action the values in which we have instilled – but have failed to act on ourselves. The world depends on our youth to lead the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment