Matthew 25

Matthew 25

"For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me.....I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of my brothers, you did for me"




Sunday, August 1, 2010

Make a Difference!

     I have a passion for helping others, I sometimes have a tendency to take on more than I can handle! I have spent this year traveling back and forth to Jacmel, Haiti in an effort to begin a program which will enable Haitian men, women, and children to learn how to manage and maintain their own lives so that they can provide basic needs for their family.  The situation in Haiti is overwhelming,  but one that I feel compelled to help. I believe that by destroying people's self-reliance we encourage dependency. I also believe that we can eliminate poverty through human actions; that basic human needs can be met; malnutrition can be alleviated; and all people have a right to a sustainable livelihood.

    Although, not everyone has the opportunity to reach this part of the world, I am confident that together, we can make a difference. I ask you to share your creative and innovative ways of raising awareness and financial support for this cause. I consider it a privilege to serve along side the people of the Haiti. In the midst of utter poverty, the people of Haiti have taught me much about resilience and hope while empowering inspiration to follow one's passion.

No comments:

Post a Comment